Thursday, October 21, 2004

2 steps forward, 1 step back

This past weekend, we put Micah's crib back in her room. (Good thing it didn't sell at the garage sale!!) She just wouldn't stay put in her "big girl" bed and we'd had enough sleepless nights. She kept demanding to sleep in our "big girl" bed at all hours of the night. (and early morning...)
And, of course, I had just gotten her an entire bedding set (thanks great-grammy!) - but oh well, she'll use it eventually!

She's talking up a storm! It's strange, really. The other day, I got a call at work from daycare that she had a fever, so I went to pick her up.

As I walked in, the teacher said to her, "Micah, Mommy's here."
I'm expecting a tired kid to ask to be held and give me big hugs, instead Micah stands in front of me and says, "Mommy, I no feel good."
"What's wrong, Micah?"
"My tummy hurts."
"Oh, yeah, should we go see Dr. Neiderer?"
"Yeah, I wanna see Docker Knee-er."

Um, excuse me!! You're only 2 and you NEVER want to see the Dr.!! She's the one with the needles, remember??!!

Anyway, turned out to be nothing. She was back at school no problem the next morning. And when I picked her up that day, I got "Mommy, I feel good today." That's great, Micah. :)

Okay - life is pretty uneventful - oh, except some woman I work with almost hit me with her car Monday night as I was leaving work and walking to my car - I actually had to jump out of the way (those cat-like reflexes of mine!) (joking) - and then Tuesday morning, approaches me as I'm making coffee to yell at me for not being careful enough! Whatever!

More soon, I promise - and more pictures, because I'm sure those are more fun! :)
Love to everyone.

Powered by Blogger