Wednesday, October 27, 2004

expressions of a 2-yr-old

Micah loves to say, "Go away!" She always means it as a joke though and if you're lucky enough to have it said to you then it means you're endeared to her.

Lately, she's begun saying, "Go away, guys!" or she'll peek her head around a corner and say, "I see you, guys!" and then run back.

And one of my favorites (such a great example of current pop culture) is "Oh my God, Mommy!". (Do 2-yr-olds really say these sort of things??!!)

Last week she began this (apparently) incredibly funny joke of saying, "You're the baby! I'm the Mommy!" She just cracks up over that one.

She also thinks it's hysterical to make her voice rough and hoarse. She does a great impression of a motorcycle and also uses it to be coy (punk rock coy, not cutie pie coy). Last night, I overheard her say to the Director of her daycare, "I want a kiiiiiisssss." The whole sentence was in that hoarse voice, but you could barely make out the word kiss, she said it so deeply.

Another one that gets us rolling is when she takes her diaper off (ahh... potty training) and says, "Look at my booty, Mommy!" and smacks her little cheek. HYSTERICAL! Okay, maybe only to us...

Micah also loves to sing the following songs: ABC's, Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star, The Itsy Bitsy Spider and The Wheels on the Bus. She has gotten in the habit of calling Grammy (she says Gammy) nightly and asking her to sing these songs. I'm sure Gammy must hate it! (wink, wink)

Powered by Blogger